Painted Bucket Planter | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Painted Bucket Planter

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Painted Bucket Planter


My flower pot makeover is part of this month’s Dose of DIY Blog Hop! Our theme this month is using flower pots in indoor or outdoor decor. 

Grampa Carm was cleaning out his basement and offered me this vintage wooden plant stand. He thought I could do something with it.



So I cleaned it up and lightly sanded it.



Then I chose pretty summer colors.
The base coat is painted with  "Rustic Charm"; a really cheery shade of green.




and then dry brushed over the green with some "Bliss"... 
my favorite summer blue color. Just a little bit to let the green show through.


When the paint was dry I distressed the entire planter sporadically with rough 60 grit sandpaper.



Then I designed a transfer, "Flowers and Gardens", on PicMonkey to print in mirror image then rubbed it onto the bucket.








After adding some bright geraniums, the planter really pops with some country charm.



Blue and green go so nicely together, don't they?












Now that you've seen what I created with this month's theme, let's go on over to check out the other ideas from the rest of the group!


A Dose of DIY, is a monthly blog hop featuring some of my favorite bloggers! Click the links below to see their creative flower pot ideas for indoor and outdoor decor too!



No comments:

Post a Comment